It’s back! The LoRa Alliance® will be hosting its Annual Members Meeting and LoRaWAN® Live in Berlin, Germany, June 11-13. The world’s leading telecom companies, system integrators, sensor manufacturers, start-ups, developers, and Internet of Things (IoT) enthusiasts will convene at the event to present their newest products, discuss marketing strategies and discuss the future of Semtech’s LoRa® devices and wireless radio frequency technology (LoRa Technology) and the LoRaWAN networking protocol.
As what is becoming the de facto technology for IoT worldwide, LoRa Technology simplifies development and accelerates IoT solutions to market, enabling Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) with solutions deployed in over 100 countries*. In May 2019, the total number of LoRa-based end nodes deployed reached 97 million with around 300,000 gateways deployed by the ecosystem’s 113 LoRaWAN-based network operators*. For the LoRa Alliance and ecosystem to continue its success, it is important that all parties are aligned in terms of strategy, marketing and technological development. The Annual Members Meeting aims to accomplish this by bringing the ecosystem together for three days of working sessions, demos and presentations.
The first two days (Tuesday, June 11, and Wednesday, June 12) are dedicated to committee meetings in which sponsor, contributor and institutional members of the LoRa Alliance will collaborate on its plans for the year. Particular emphasis will be placed on LoRaWAN Certification and how the LoRaWAN CertifiedCM mark demonstrates the ecosystem’s commitment to high quality, interoperable products.
On Thursday, June 13, the LoRa Alliance will hold its LoRaWAN Live day, open to the public. This special program, sponsored by Minol Zenner Connect GmbH, is a must-attend event for all members.
LoRaWAN Live Schedule of Events
Open to all new and prospective members and end-users of LoRa Technology, LoRaWAN Live will focus on advancing business development opportunities across the ecosystem. Thursday will begin with a plenary session consisting of opening keynote presentations, and three tracks will follow – the business track, technical track and technical workshops.
- The business track will open with an operator panel in the morning. Orange, Objenious, Unity Media, Minol Zenner and Netzikon will give their point of view on the market for LoRa Technology and LoRaWAN-based networks.
- Momenta Ventures will present the finalists of its LoRaWAN Challenge, and award prizes live.
- In the afternoon, guests will have the chance to attend a series of three panels focused on some of our key vertical markets (presented by the customers):
- Smart utilities use case presentations from Netop, Proesys srl and Vertical M2M
- Smart Logistics use case presentations from Maxtrack, Axino and Miromico
- Smart building and smart city use case presentations with LHIRR for Accorinvest, Capgemini, Loriot, Digimondo, and PNI Sensor Corp
- Finally, Schneider and Minol will present the final two business track sessions of the day, and discuss the deployment of LoRa-based solutions and LoRa Technology’s capacity to transform business.
- Bosch will open the technical track with its presentation on how developers can take their LoRaWAN-based projects to the next level by including its new XDK Node.
- Curious how to better simplify device deployment? Actility and Idemia will discuss how to leverage generic secure elements and bootstrapping join services to deploy your LoRa-based solutions stress-free.
- Rohde and Schwarz, Trusted Objects and Actility will present short afternoon sessions on LoRaWAN testing, security and roaming solutions.
- To close out the technical track, LoRa Alliance will present details and new developments from its LoRaWAN Certification program. To learn more about the recent expansion of the program, read the LoRa Alliance’s recent press release.
- Organized and presented by Semtech, participants will learn firsthand about Semtech’s new LoRa Basics™ program, a free range of code blocks that simplify the creation of great IoT applications. The two workshops cover LoRa Basics MAC and LoRa Basics Station; read Steve Hegenderfer’s blog about the LoRa Basics program to learn more.
- Additional workshops, presented by Microchip, will cover industrial IoT and the development and connecting of an IoT node to a LoRaWAN-based network.
Around 40 member companies, including Semtech, will be available in the marketplace area. The marketplace is open and available to all, and provides a perfect opportunity for guests to network with members of the ecosystem as well as witness demonstrations of leading, innovative LoRa-based solutions. A couple of Semtech's LoRa engineers will be at the Semtech marketplace table during LoRaWAN Live. Meet with Thorsten Kramp, Sr. Director of Engineering and LoRa Alliance Technical Committee Co-Chair, at our table from 11:00-11:30 AM, and Olivier Seller, Technical Fellow, from 2:30-3:00 PM.
Lastly, the event will close with a networking and drinks reception, sponsored by Semtech, from 6:00-7:30 PM. Semtech and the LoRa Alliance invite you to have a drink, meet with members of the ecosystem and celebrate another successful Annual Members Meeting.
*Data from Semtech Q1 FY2020 Earnings Call (05-29-2019)
Semtech, the Semtech logo, LoRa, and LoRaWAN are registered trademarks or service marks of Semtech Corporation or its affiliates.